How Temperature Monitoring Tags Work
The Varcode Smart Data Solution is a next-gen solution for monitoring the temperature of products throughout the supply chain. At the system’s core is Varcode’s Smart Tag, which enables low-cost, multipoint track & trace from product origination to its final destination.
The Smart Tag™ is, in fact, a dynamic barcode, where the black and white lines actually change based on temperature and time. Our custom-tuned mixture reacts to temperature change over time and expands across the barcode. Other visual markers, such as Too Cold and Too Hot can also be set to trigger uniquely.
With just a scan, our Smart Tag™ eliminates interpretation errors and digitizes data. The Smart Tag™ to be for deployment throughout any business.
Smart Tag™ Highlights
- Next-Gen Dynamic barcode based on specified temp and time thresholds
- No RFID or electronics used in the Smart Tag™
- Enhances and easily integrates with your existing solution to provide additional ROI for your current investment
- Captures cumulative time outside of specific range using specialized ink
- Scannable by a handheld, fixed, or smartphone scanner
- Standard models plus customized tags
Cold Chain Temperature Monitoring Configuration
Varcode is dedicated to customizing your temperature monitoring system to your business needs. Our Smart Tag™ comes in a variety of standard time and temperature configurations based on industry needs ranging from -4°F (-20°C) to 78°F (25°C) with time parameters from 15 minutes to 12 hours.
A Smart Tag™ can be formatted as any universal identifier code to fit the barcode symbologies used in your business. Examples include Code 128, UPC-a, GS1 DataBar, Code 39, UPC-E, or EAN codes to seamlessly integrate existing tracing data used today.
Customize the top layer of a Smart Tag™ with your branding as part of the full VSDS integration.